Captains Search

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Another councillor bites the dust.


Damian McAlonan has left the council.


Another one bites the dust-thats two gone within the last 2 months.


I am not sure why D McAlonan has gone but I for one am glad to see one of the co opted twats deciding to call it a day.


I would like to think that I played my part in ridding our town council of him but there are many rumours going around as to the exact reasons behind his resignation.


Rumours I have heard include


1)He was responsible for the tree on chapel green being cut down so he jumped before he was named and shamed.


2)Some dodgy dealing involving the community centre which has been hushed up .


3)A problem with a criminal records check.



In honesty I dont know why he has gone but if I had to go with any one rumour it would probably be no2 because there seems to be a veil of secrecy over the whole community facility project which prevents the residents (who are paying for the bloody thing) from finding out what is going on and more importantly where the money is going/has gone.Secrecy breeds suspicion and resignations of councillors feeds those suspicions.



To prove there are no hard feelings I would like Damian to know it was nice knowing him but even nicer knowing that he has finally fucked right off.


Who is next to fall on their sword then fnar fnar.



2 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on Damian; he genuinely wanted to contribute to the council but left because of the rudeness of the mayor. She's part of the conservative cabal; True!
    Have you ever been to a council meeting? I went once and was surprised how dim some were and thought that some of the councillors probably had difficulty in finding their way to the town hall every time. Lobby for them to put meetings on the web and then you could go along without your spiderman mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Anon you have busted me.

    Although I havnt been to a meeting I have come across some of councillors in less formal surroundings!! and came to the conclusion that many of them shouldnt be in charge of running a bath let alone a town.

    As for the mayor well what can you say really apart from rearrange these words.
    crazed,power,bitch,

    Before you ask yes I have met her.

    I take it I can count on your vote if I run for election (spiderman mask and all).

    ReplyDelete

Comments and abuse equally welcome.